Mrs Carter, Mrs Taiwo & Mrs Stundziene
Welcome to Nursery
30 Hours Funding
Our curriculum is based on the framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and we deliver this through a play based approach. The curriculum is organised in a way which meets each child's individual needs, interests and fascinations, resulting in us planning 'in the moment' rather than a 'one size fits all' topic approach.
In the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) at Benyon Primary School, our aims are to:
• Support children to make a planned, confident transition from home to school.
• Provide a happy, caring, safe and secure environment for learning.
• Plan learning experiences that meet the individual needs and interests of the children through a balanced provision of adult led and child initiated opportunities.
• Support children to become competent and confident learners so they are able to reach their full potential.
• Provide a broad and balanced high quality curriculum in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance.
• Foster positive home school links with parents and other care providers.
Tapestry Online Learning Journal
Tapestry builds a very special record of a child’s experiences, development and learning journey through their early years and primary education. Using photos, videos and diary entries, a teacher or early years practitioner, along with the child’s parents, ‘weaves’ the story of the child and how they are growing and developing. The Tapestry platform then works seamlessly to enable these memories to be kept as a permanent record of each child’s unique journey. All information held in the platform is stored securely, and can be downloaded and shared as required. Parents are able to view online their child’s progress and how much fun they’re having, whilst also uploading their own comments and media.
The Tapestry online learning journal is also available as an easy-to-use, secure app. Once you have been uploaded onto the secure system, by the school, you will be sent an activation link to activate your account and view your child's learning journal online or via the app.
For additional ideas on what to do at home with your child, please visit:
Landing Page - On-line safety for parents
Following on from the on-line Safety for parents evening on the 21st April. Please find enclosed the link to the Landing Page, this includes a recording of the session, a debrief document with the Parent/Carer code to the Safer Schools App and a Feedback Form. This recording will be available to parents/carers until the 14th of May. You can also find the link in your child's class page on the school website.
Please copy and paste the link below to your browser.