Lead Nursery Nurse
Mrs Crabb, Miss Mackenzie & Mrs Patel
Welcome to Nursery
30 Hours Funding
Our curriculum is based on the framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and we deliver this through a play based approach. The curriculum is organised in a way which meets each child's individual needs, interests and fascinations, resulting in us planning 'in the moment' rather than a 'one size fits all' topic approach.
In the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) at Benyon Primary School, our aims are to:
• Support children to make a planned, confident transition from home to school.
• Provide a happy, caring, safe and secure environment for learning.
• Plan learning experiences that meet the individual needs and interests of the children through a balanced provision of adult led and child initiated opportunities.
• Support children to become competent and confident learners so they are able to reach their full potential.
• Provide a broad and balanced high quality curriculum in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance.
• Foster positive home school links with parents and other care providers.
Tapestry Online Learning Journal
Tapestry builds a very special record of a child’s experiences, development and learning journey through their early years and primary education. Using photos, videos and diary entries, a teacher or early years practitioner, along with the child’s parents, ‘weaves’ the story of the child and how they are growing and developing. The Tapestry platform then works seamlessly to enable these memories to be kept as a permanent record of each child’s unique journey. All information held in the platform is stored securely, and can be downloaded and shared as required. Parents are able to view online their child’s progress and how much fun they’re having, whilst also uploading their own comments and media.
The Tapestry online learning journal is also available as an easy-to-use, secure app. Once you have been uploaded onto the secure system, by the school, you will be sent an activation link to activate your account and view your child's learning journal online or via the app.
Home Learning Covid-19
During the Covid-19 school closure, support for home learning was provided for all pupils in Nursery via educational websites such as Purple Mash, EYFSHome and Tapestry. Should we find ourselves in a position where we have to isolate a particular year group or go into lockdown again, yours child's log ins for all of these websites will be uploaded to their Tapestry account. If you are having trouble accessing this, please contact us on admin.BPS@catrust.org.uk and we will help to get you up and running.
In the event of another lockdown or Nursery having to isolate, further information on home learning will be posted here.
For additional ideas on what to do at home with your child, please visit: